Imagine Arts Festival Open Calls 2020
Open Call 1:
‘Imaginings’ - A work-in-progress performance opportunity
Are you in the process of creating a new work or have an idea you want to develop?
Imagine Arts Festival is offering an exciting opportunity for 3 artists / groups of artists, to present a work in progress at Imagine Arts Festival 2020. We are accepting applications from artists of all performance disciplines (Dance, Theatre, Circus, Multidisciplinary etc.) We are particularly interested in hearing from artists based in Co. Waterford and the South East of Ireland.
The Imagine In-Development performance ‘IMAGININGS’ will take place on the evening of Thursday 22nd of October with some basic tech provided – the venue is to be confirmed but will be in Waterford. The performances will be open to the public and the audience will have the opportunity to express feedback to the artists.
What we can offer!
- The chosen artists/companies will receive €500 towards producing their performance.
- One of these Artist’s will have the opportunity to discuss a commission of their fully developed work for Imagine Arts Festival 2021. This artist will be chosen by Imagine’s Advisory team.
- Minimal tech support on the day of the showing, including 1.5 hours tech time
- Structured audience feedback
- A film of the live performance
- We will handle all marketing and promotion of the event
- We cannot cover accommodation, travel or per diem costs
- We cannot host aerial rigging in the venue
Deadline for submissions: June 30th
To apply please email email@example.com with the following:
- Title and short description of the proposed work (max 300 words)
- Name of the choreographer/writer/director/lead artist, a short biography/CV and jpg images
- Names of performers if different from above
- Length of piece (20 min max).
- A short video link of the work so far (no longer than 2 minutes) or videos of your past work if you do not yet have footage or a script if it is a text-based piece
Open Call 2:
'Creating Together - Apart' – A Young Artists Exhibition
Art can help us through times like this!
We are currently living in a new way, spending lots more time in our homes and exploring our local areas. But while being apart we are still finding ways to be together, from online chats to phone calls, even sending each other presents and letters in the post. Art can help us through times like this, as we can express how we are feeling by being creative. Inspiration can come from anywhere. The great thing is that everyone’s experience is different, so everybody can offer something unique!
Imagine Arts Festival is launching this call which aims to gather together snapshots of our lives as they are now in the form of visual art. We want to promote the artistic creations of young people from the ages of 7-17 during this time of Covid-19, and all that it brings. 'Creating Together - Apart' will focus on this moment in time, and all submissions will feature in an art exhibition at a space within Waterford City during Imagine Arts Festival 2020.
The artworks will be judged in two age groups:
7-12yrs and 13 -17yrs,
- With cash prizes of €100 – 1st place, €50 – 2nd place and € 25 – 3rd place respectively in each category.
Deadline for submissions: August 28th @ 5:00pm
- Create one 2D art piece based on your experience during coronavirus. This can take the form of one drawing or painting or collage or a mixed media piece. You can even combine some spoken word into your piece.
- Decide on a title for your work.
- Send your artwork along with your name, age, contact number and the title of your piece to - Imagine Arts Festival Young Artists Exhibition, c/o Theatre Royal, The Mall, Waterford, X91 PK15.
- For any queries please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org